- F Eric Haula (Vegas Golden Knights): Haula has tallied 8 points in his last 6 games. While a hot streak like this won’t last forever, it can certainly be a streak that shouldn’t be taken lightly as Haula as he continues to see increased minutes with one of the best teams in the West.
- D Shea Theodore (Vegas Golden Knights): The second Golden Knight added to this weeks’ waivers, this time on the defensive side of the puck. Theodore will not score goals, but he’s defensively sound, and has tallied 5 helpers in his last 6 games. Given Vegas’ ability to score in bunches, don’t be surprised if Theodore can add a few more assists to his stat line down the stretch. If you are looking for depth at defensemen, Theodore is worth a look.
- F Travis Konecny (Philadelphia Flyers): Konecny has put up 7 points in his last games, including a goal in five straight games. Philadelphia has moved him to the top line, so he seems to benefiting playing along side Giroux, and Couturier. Even prior to the line change, Konecny has held his own, as he has a total of a balanced, 10 goals, 12 assists throughout his 17-18 campaign.
- D Jeff Petry (Montreal Canadiens): If plus/minus is a stat considered in your fantasy league, Petry is not the guy you’re looking for, as he currently holds a minus 24. If you happen to be in a league where plus/minus is not a decisive factor, then Petry could be a defenseman that provides a little bit of an offensive spark, as he’s tallied over twenty points this season (17 assists).
- F Mitchell Marner (Toronto Maple Leafs): Marner is quietly boasting an impressive season in Toronto with 27 assists, along with 7 goals. Obviously those stats say Marner is more of a setup guy, than ‘go to’ guy, but he has consistently produced this season. While he hasn’t put the puck in the net in the past, that might be changing, as he has 4 points in his last 5 games with 3 of those being goals. If he has flown under the radar, and is still available in your league, we recommend adding him sooner rather than later.