- Pierre-Luc Dubois (Columbus Blue Jackets): Columbus has maintained a firm stance within the playoff picture, and a lot has to do with the recent elevated play of Dubois. The young forward has put up five points in his last six games, including tallying both, a goal, and a helper in Columbus’s most recent victory against the Isles. Dubois is one fantasy owners should keep an eye on, and his versatility of playing wing, and center make him an ideal bench stash if anything else.
- RW Brendan Gallagher (Montreal Canadiens): Gallagher’s recent hot streak has flown under the radar, as fans are more concerned with who might be getting dealt at the deadline. The winger has posted eight points in his last eight games, half of those finding the back. While Montreal is an interesting situation to monitor as the deadline looms, if Gallagher is available, he’s a name that has yet to be heavily mentioned in the upcoming ‘fire sale.’
- D Dion Phaneuf (Los Angeles Kings): No, there’s no type, you’re reading that correct. Phaneuf now monitors the blue line for the Los Angeles Kings. The simple basis that an already more than capable defenseman gets moved from Ottawa to Los Angeles is all the reason one needs to see Phaneuf’s fantasy value skyrocket. Don’t let the humbling stats fool you, with the right pieces surrounding him, Phaneuf can bring an unexpected offensive presence from the blue line.
- C Nazem Kadri (Toronto Maple Leafs): Kadri has found new life in the second half of the regular season, in particular, his last 12 games since playing on the second line with Mitch Marner, and Patrick Marleau. Kadri has tallied twelve points in as many games, including a six game point streak, where he put multiple points on several occasions.
- G Roberto Luongo (Florida Panthers): Luongo was officially removed from IR by Florida earlier this week. Obviously the 38 year old goaltender has proven he still has some juice left in the tank, and with goaltending being a limited luxury this season, owners may want to give this veteran the benefit of the doubt that he is indeed back in top form as the regular season winds down.