- W Bryan Rust (Pittsburgh Penguins): Rust recently changed lines, and the fact that he’s been playing alongside Evgeni Malkin has been paying huge dividends. Rust has tallied 12 points in his last ten games, finding the back of the net on five separate occasions. Within the recent ten game hot streak, Rust has managed to put together three multi-point nights. With Pittsburgh playing well, and Rust playing alongside Malkin there’s no reason to believe any reason this shouldn’t continue as the regular season winds down.
- G Jimmy Howard (Detroit Red Wings): Howard no longer shares the net with Petr Mrazek out of the picture in Detroit. This should lead to him guarding the crease for the majority Detroit’s remaining schedule. Fantasy owners shouldn’t jump for joy, as Detroit has struggled to grab wins for any goaltender in net this season, but if you need goalie help/depth, Howard is reliable off the basis he will at least be starting most of the time. If you do proceed with Howard, it’s vital to keep an eye on Detroit’s schedule before committing to putting him in your starting lineup.
- C Nico Hischier (New Jersey Devils): Hischier was named the NHL first star of the week this past week, and rightfully so. The streak includes a four game goal streak, a current six game point streak, and two multi-point games. As long as New Jersey can continue to produce offensively, Hischier will be involved. If he’s available, it might finally acknowledging the number one pick in the draft is the real deal.
- F Adrian Kempe (Los Angeles Kings): Kempe has put up five points in his last four games, and that includes a three point evening last game when the Kings were in Winnipeg. Kempe is not a guy who will put up points consistently, but he does have his streaking moments. It seems like the perfect timing to add him as a rental player for the final few weeks of the regular season.
- D Justin Braun (San Jose Sharks): Braun is one of the more underrated blue-liners in the league. He’s not an ideal fantasy defenseman, as his offensive output isn’t always there. However, Braun is another streaky kind of guy that can all of a sudden find a rhythm. He certainly has found one the last few games, as he has tallied five point in his last four games, including a goal against Dallas. If you need a ‘band-aid’ on the blue-line as the regular season winds down, Braun is an ideal option.