- C- Marian Gaborik (LAK): Don’t tell this 35 year old he’s coming off any type of an injury (or that he’s 35). In a brief span, Gaborik has racked up 7 goals, and 6 assists in just twenty games played this NHL season. While he is a defensive liability, he can put up points in the blink of an eye when he’s healthy, and he’s clearly showing he’s in full health as 2018 begins.
- G- Aaron Dell (SJ): Currently, Martin Jones starts between the pipes for San Jose, but Dell is certainly not making it an undisputed decision. In 16 games, Dell is 8-3-2 while boasting a 2.27 GAA, along with a .926 save percentage. Obviously with him being a backup at the moment, he’s not worth much value to seasonal fantasy owners, but it’s certainly a situation to keep an eye on. In the meantime, he remains a great daily fantasy play when he does get the starting nod.
- C- Victor Rask (CAR): The youngster has 13 points (10 goals) through the a pleasantly surprising first half for the Hurricanes. Rask has benefited from a balanced offensive attack, and is starting to show that he just might be a solidified goal scorer in the NHL for years to come. As long as Carolina can keep up the offensive output, he can easily add depth in deeper leagues in any format, and can always be called upon as a good value play for daily fantasy players.
- C- David Desharnais (NYR): With the Rangers dealing with numerous injuries, it is almost certain Desharnais will continue to see ample time on the ice until Zibanejad and Hayes can make their returns. Jimmy Vesey might also be another forward that could benefit from their absence, but the ‘safer’ choice of the two would have to be Desharnais at this point in time. Now, whether he finds sustainable productivity… Thats a gamble owners must be willing to take, or look elsewhere.
- C Riley Nash (BOS): He may or may not be available in seasonal leagues, but if he is, he’s almost a must add in most formats. Nash is a solid center, that is a vital asset to a youthful Bruins squad in 2017-18. He has the ability to find teammates, and setup scoring plays, as of his 18 points, 13 go in the assist column.